Our fall session dates are August 26th through December 1st. This is a 14 week session with Monday’s and Thursday’s having 13 weeks due to Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
Guess the weight of our big pumpkins! Once our big pumpkins arrive we will have a guess the weight contest. All of our pumpkins were grown by Jim Pantano, Penny’s Husband. If you see him ask, “How did you move them?” Jim is a member of the Giant Pumpkin Growers Association.
Our owner, Miss Penny, has been teaching swimming to children in this area since 1977(Ouch!) She is now teaching the children of many of her former students. She will retire when the 3rd generation comes along!
The Swim-in Zone Edge
- Opened in 2004-business for 15 years.
- Owner has over 40 years of experience teaching and coaching swimming. She is on premises- in fact she teaches classes and trains new teachers. All of our swimming instructors receive 40 hrs. of training.
- Owner co-sponsors the children’s PSF play each summer.
- Swim-in Zone allows changes in class scheduling within a session and without a fee.
- Swim-in Zone offers unlimited make-up classes at no charge, or a choice of a Family Swim Pass.
- Flexible make-up scheduling options for swimmers in our parent child and swim team programs.
- Swim-in Zone is the only swim school with a graduation program
- Swim-in Zone offers free swim evaluations.
- Many of our instructors have been teaching at Swim-in Zone for over 5 years.
- Our pool is 75 ft. in length and 30 ft. wide with 3 lanes. Both the water and air are a warm 88o.
- We do not use bubbles or wear-able flotation devices in our lessons. We prefer that the children learn about their own body’s buoyancy.
- As a convenience to the family, all levels of swimmers from babies to swim team can be in the pool at the same time, eliminating multiple trips.
- Private Men’s and Women’s Locker-rooms with private showers
- We limit classes for 3-6-year-olds to 4 students and 2nd grade and up to 5.
- Our Dippers class is for 2-year-old children without their parent. It has a 3:1 ratio.
- During our busiest lesson times, we add a lifeguard certified aide to help with classes that need an extra pair of eyes or hands.
- We offer free Friday practice swims with full session payment and only $5 if a balance is due.
- Lifeguard always on duty. 80% of our instructors are lifeguard certified.
- All our staff are certified in CPR/AED and First Aid and have their FBI, Child Abuse and Criminal Record clearances.
- Swim-in Zone contributes to local charities and basket fundraisers for schools and non-profits.
- We go out into schools and day cares to teach water safety to children. Since 2007, a total of almost 20,000 children have been taught about how to be safer in the water.
- Water safety is an integral part of all of our lessons from parent/child classes through Level 5. We have special weeks of emphasis such as how to use and swim in a life jacket.
- We strongly believe that the children should be having fun while they learn and we incorporate lots of games and fun activities into our swim lessons.
Scheduling Software Update
We have just released a new update! When scheduling classes online you will now be able to receive discounts automatically. The discounts include the following:
- Multiple child discount – 20% off the 3rd or more child’s lessons
- Multiple classes per week discount – 20% off the second or more classes for the same child.
Our first swim meet this school year is schedule for Friday, November 8st. Sign ups will begin early October.
Mermaid club begins September 15th. Ms. Annie will be in the water helping the mermaids this school year. The schedule is as follows:
- September 15th, October 13th, November 17th, December 15th, January 19th, February 16th, March 15th, April 19th, May 17th & June 14th
A Shout Out to Our Instructors
We are excited to announce that Mr. Kevin B. and Mr. Daniel received their Lifeguarding Instructor certificate this summer! They will be joining our team of other lifeguard instructors, Kevin W., Mr. Dan, Heidi, Penny and Marc M., to help teach our staff and others that wish to become lifeguards in the Lehigh Valley. Congratulations!
Instructor Training at Swim-in Zone
All of our new instructors are required to attend 30-40 hrs. of training including, on-line training, classroom lectures on child development as it applies to the acquisition of swim skills and in-water shadowing a veteran instructor. New instructors are mentored by the team leader or supervisor during their first session of teaching.
Swim-in Zone’s position on the Submersion and Forced Back Float Infant “drown-proof” Method.
Swim-in Zone is opposed to forceful conditioning involving submersion and back floats and believes that it might be harmful to a developing infant/toddler. In addition, when an infant is in a back-float position, their airway is vulnerable to water over the face with significant risk of water getting into the stomach and lungs. We prefer an approach that is developmentally structured, nurturing and respectful of the child. We all want the same goal: a child who is safer because they can rollover to breathe if perhaps, they end up in the water. It might take us longer, (our lessons are not daily) to achieve this goal, but you will have a happier child.
Class for children 2-3 years old without a parent
Wow! After just one year, our Dippers program is getting rave reviews from parents! Usually, the little ones need an adjustment period of about 2-3 weeks, then they are surprising all of us with their ability to sit, listen and wait and SWIM.
The swimming goals in a dippers class are to swim underwater a few feet, float on their back with a little help and after swimming a short distance rollover to float and breathe. There are also goals involving water safety: ask a grown-up to help get the toy, turn and go back if fall off the steps, wait to be called to leave the steps or enter the pool, jump in, underwater turn around and while underwater reach for the wall. Goals besides swimming skills are independence, listening to and following directions, taking turns and trusting teachers. We are so proud of our youngest swimmers!